BILL T MILLER of Orgy Of Noise
LIVE IMPROV PERFORMANCE
on MODULAR SYNTH & ACOUSTIC LAPTOP
October Experimental Coffee House
1642 Beacon Street in Washington Square
presented by NON-EVENT
(Chris Strunk & Susanna Bolle)
BILL T MILLER, a chameleon of sonic exploration, is a multi-instrumentalist musician, composer, recording engineer, producer, filmmaker, photographer, artist, instrument builder and cat lover. From toy piano at two years old to starting a "band" with tennis racket guitar and trash can drums in the 60s to becoming a professional recording engineer / producer / live sound tech after graduating from College for the Recording Arts in San Francisco in 1976, his paths are always unfolding and looping. At recording college he took synthesizer courses with ARP 2600 and Emu synths and then worked (as live sound and recording engineer) in California until 1980. Eventually ending up in Boston working as a freelance recording engineer and live sound engineer and then starting his own Headroom Recording Studios. While much of his "professional career" was devoted to recording and photographing OTHER artists, he was always working on his own weirdo music bands in the shadows. Some of these adventures include Out of Band Experience (OBE) (with media barrage sampling and field recordings), Kings Of Feedback (bass, guitar, samples), Drum Army (percussion), Kings Of Slack (SubGenius Doktor), Zonkulator (mutated test equipment), and Orgy Of Noise (circuit bent toys, electro acoustic instruments, synthesizers) with over 20 full album releases on his own DIY labels (Immortal, ExtraTerrestrial, Burn This.) All available as FREE MP3s since 1998.
BTM's quest has looped back around to a nostalgic look forward incorporating ALL of the past adventures while moving sideways in time in to an unknown future think void. Living in Boston for over 33 years and giving every moment to this insatiable desire to CREATE and SHARE is his true path.
This Cafe Fixe stereophonic improv performance will feature SYSTEM BTM MODULAR SYNTHESIZER and custom BTM Acoustic Laptop Artbox.
* Sheri Hausey (hand held overhead vid cam)
* BTM (synth side & acoustic laptop front vid cams)
* Susanna Bolle (still photo title image)
* Danny Gromfin (bonus photos)
* Jon Strymish (black & white film photos)
* Jose Rivera (direct stereo recording)
* J.P. Tuttle (room stereo recording)
-POST VIDEO EDITING/MIXDOWN-
* Bill T Miller with ZiggyCat at Headroom Boston
* CAFE FIXE (Maks co-host/owner)
* NON-EVENT (Chris Strunkles, Susanna Bolle, Michael Rosenstein, Jose Rivera, Danny Gromfin)
* Sheri Hausey, Jon Strymish, Bert Switzer, Victoria Shen, Bob Familiar, Irwin Kwan, Tony Masiello, Jeffrey Bower, Cheryl & Frank Dreamchild, Jimmy Hamamoto, Michael Howard, Brad Smith, Lauren Smith, Abigail Scott and everybody else who was there at the concert.
Photo by Susanna Bolle
Photo by Danny Gromfin
BTM at CAFE FIXE Facebook Invitation ARCHIVED !
Super Special THANX SHERI HAUSEY for photographs/videos and so much more.
BILL T MILLER's MODULAR SYNTH = SYSTEM BTM
solo electronic music album by
Bill T Miller of Orgy Of Noise!